How to Factory Reset or Flash Firmware for Your Keychron V4 keyboard?
Troubleshooting? Or don't know what's going on with the keyboard? You may try factory reset.
Note: If everything works fine with your keyboard. Please don’t flash the firmware. There is a chance it can damage your keyboard.
1. Plug in the power cable and factory reset the keyboard by pressing fn + J + Z (for 4 seconds).
2. Download the V4 firmware and download the QMK Toolbox. (If the download link below does not work, use this link: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_toolbox/releases)
The V4 firmware
*firmware version 1.4 updated on 01/05/2023.
*firmware version 1.3 updated on 01/05/2023.
The QMK Toolbox
3. Unplug the power cable from the keyboard.
4. Open the QMK Toolbox.
5. Remove the space bar keycap to find the reset button on the left side of the space bar switch on the PCB.
6. Press down and hold the reset button.
7. Plug in the power cable. The keyboard will enter into DFU mode. Then, the QMK Toolbox will display in yellow words "***DFU device connected".
8. Click open and choose the Keychron V4 firmware. Click the Flash button. It will start flashing. (Note: Do NOT unplug the power cable while it's flashing.)
9. Wait a few seconds and when you see the content below, it means the keyboard has flashed successfully factory reset.
10. Factory reset the keyboard again by pressing fn + J + Z (for 4 seconds).
If VIA can't pair with your Keychron V4 after you tried flashing, you need to follow these steps:
If your keyboard is detected as "Keychron Q4" on VIA, please don't worry, the keyboard can be remapped normally, we have edited and resubmitted the file, and this issue will be solved soon. You can also follow the guide below step by step, VIA will display "Keychron V4" after you import the JSON file manually. Sorry for the inconvenience.
1. Reconnect your keyboard power cable.
2. If VIA still doesn’t pair together after you reconnect the power cable, download the Keychron V4 JSON file.
3. Unplug your keyboard from your computer.
4. Open VIA
Step 1: Turn on "Show Design tab" on "SETTINGS" tab.
Step 2: Click the “DESIGN” section.
Step 3: Enable "Use V2 definitions (deprecated)" or disable "Use V3 definitions (via/next)".
Step 4: Drag the JSON file to the tab and then click the "CONFIGURE" section to customize the keymap.
5. Replug your keyboard.
6. VIA should pair together with the Keychron V4 now.
You may contact email@example.com if a defect covered by the warranty arises in your product within the warranty period. Keychron will honor the warranty of our Q and V series keyboard (e.g.: Q1, Q2, V1, V2, etc.) by one of the following methods at our discretion:
- Defects of Q and V series keyboards have been caused by manufacturing: We will only replace the defective parts of the keyboard, not the whole keyboard, as its highly customizable and easy to be rebuilt.
- Defects of Q and V series keyboards have been caused by disassembling our product, improper installation, non-factory repairs/modifications, improper adjustment of the product, or neglect, including but not limited to “burn-in”, and similar wrongful use: We will NOT offer free service. We only offer paid service to replace the defective parts at your own cost (including the cost of parts, shipping fee and tax if applicable).