How to Factory Reset and Flash Firmware for Your K6 Pro keyboard?
Troubleshooting? Or don't know what's going on with the keyboard? You may try factory reset. Note: If everything works fine with your keyboard. Please don’t flash the firmware. There is a chance it can damage your keyboard.
Factory Reset: Press fn2 + J + Z for 4 seconds until all the backlight flashes.
1. Download the K6 Pro firmware below (the file needs to be unzipped).
2. Download the QMK Toolbox (If the download link below does not work, use this link: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_toolbox/releases).
3. Unplug the power cable from the keyboard.
4. Open the QMK Toolbox.
5. Remove the space bar keycap to find the reset button on the left side of the space bar switch on the PCB.
6. Slide the switch toggle on the side of the keyboard to "Off" and connect the USB cable. Hold down the "Reset" button under the space bar, and then slide the toggle to "Cable".
7. The keyboard will enter into DFU mode. Then, the QMK Toolbox will display in yellow words "***DFU device connected".
8. Click "Open" on top right and choose the K6 Pro firmware. Then, click "Flash" to start flashing the firmaware (Note: Do NOT unplug the power cable while flashing).
9. Wait a few seconds until you see the content below, it means the keyboard has flashed successfully.
10. Factory reset the keyboard again by press fn + J + Z for 4 seconds until all the backlight flashes.
If VIA can't pair with your K6 Pro after flashed the firmware, you may follow these steps:
1. Reconnect the power cable with your keyboard.
2. Download the Keychron K6 Pro keymap JSON file if you haven't.
3. Once you downloaded the keymap JSON file, please go to the VIA, and turn on "Show Design tab" in the "Settings" tab.
4. Drag the JSON file into the “Design” tab on the VIA.
5. You should see the keyboard's keymap on the Configure tab now.
Click here to see all tutorial for the K6 Pro.
You may contact email@example.com if a defect covered by the warranty arises in your product within the warranty period. Keychron will honor the warranty of our K Pro series keyboard (e.g.: K2 Pro, K8 Pro etc.) by one of the following methods at our discretion:
- Defects of K Pro series keyboards have been caused by manufacturing: We will only replace the defective parts of the keyboard, not the whole keyboard, as its highly customizable and easy to be rebuilt.
- Defects of K Pro series keyboards have been caused by disassembling our product, improper installation, non-factory repairs/modifications, improper adjustment of the product, or neglect, including but not limited to “burn-in”, and similar wrongful use: We will NOT offer free service. We only offer paid service to replace the defective parts at your own cost (including the cost of parts, shipping fee and tax if applicable).