How to update the firmware?
WARNING: ONLY FOR Keychron K6 USERS
Please follow the instructions correctly to flash the firmware.
- Download the correct firmware for your layout (K6 Gateron White Backlight / K6 Gateron RGB Backlight / K6 Optical White Backlight / K6 Optical RGB Backlight / K6 Hot-swappable White Backlight / K6 Hot-swappable RGB Backlight). Your keyboard could break if you accidentally install the Gateron firmware to the Optical version, Hot-swappable version or vice versa.
- Make sure you switch to the correct OS. This means making sure your keyboard is in Windows mode if connected to a Windows device (Mac firmware will be available later).
- Make sure that your keyboard is connected to the device with the cable that came with the package. If you are using a third-party cable, please make sure the cable can pass data as some cables can only be used for charging.
- Make sure only the Keychron keyboard is connected to your computer. If other keyboards are connected to your computer, the firmware of these keyboards might also be flashed. If you have multiple Keychron keyboards, please flash the firmware one by one. Do not plug all of the keyboards to the computer at the same time.
- Now start running the exe file for Windows.
- After flashing the new firmware, hold "Fn1"+"Z"+"J" for five seconds to perform a factory reset.
The below firmware is factory default for Windows only
Download the Firmware V1.0 from the following link:
Gateron Switches K6 White Backlight Version
Gateron Switches K6 RGB Backlight Version
Optical Switches K6 White Backlight Version
Optical Switches K6 RGB Backlight Version
Hot-swappable K6 White Backlight Version
Hot-swappable K6 RGB Backlight Version