How to update the firmware?
Note: If everything works fine with your keyboard. Please don’t update the firmware. There is a chance it can damage your keyboard.
WARNING: ONLY FOR Keychron K6 USERS
Please follow the instructions correctly to flash the firmware.
- Download the correct firmware for your layout (K6 Gateron White Backlight / K6 Gateron RGB Backlight / K6 Optical White Backlight / K6 Optical RGB Backlight / K6 Hot-swappable White Backlight / K6 Hot-swappable RGB Backlight). Your keyboard could break if you accidentally install the Gateron firmware to the Optical version, Hot-swappable version or vice versa.
- Check that your keyboard is switched to the right OS system. Ex. Switch the keyboard to Windows if you are using a Windows device.
- Make sure your keyboard is in cable mode. If you flash the keyboard in Bluetooth mode, it will break your keyboard.
- Make sure your keyboard is connected to the PC with the cable that came with the box only. If you are using a third party cable, please make sure the cable can pass data as some cables can only be used for charging.
- Make sure only the Keychron keyboard is connected to your computer. If other keyboards are connected to your computer, the firmware of these keyboards might also be flashed. If you have multiple Keychron keyboards, please flash the firmware one by one. Do not plug all of the keyboards to the computer at the same time.
- Now, you can start running the exe file.
- After flashing the new firmware, hold Fn1+ Z + J together for 5 seconds to do the factory reset. You are now good to go.
The below firmware is factory default for Windows only
Download the Firmware V1.0 from the following link:
Gateron Switches K6 White Backlight Version
Gateron Switches K6 RGB Backlight Version
Optical Switches K6 White Backlight Version
Optical Switches K6 RGB Backlight Version
Hot-swappable K6 White Backlight Version
Hot-swappable K6 RGB Backlight Version