All my expectations, through my research, were met and more!
This is my first Mechanical keyboard experience. After careful review and a lot of homework I decided to give Keychron a try. I do need a 100% keyboard for I intensely use the numbers keypad to the right. I really wanted Blue clicky switches but that option was not available. So instead I got the pre-lubed red switches. I gotta tell you that they feel like I am typing in butter. so smooth but yet still have a decent sound. I love this keyboard and I actually look forward to typing on it. I don't know if I mentioned it but I got the Keychron K10Pro with pre-lubed red switches. I do have my eyes on replacing the switches to Kailh Box Thick Clicky Navy Switches. And possibly lubing them myself after I try them un lubed first.My final thoughts on this keyboard is I highly recommend this product and this company.
I bought this to complement my Cherry wired keyboard that I use for work. This has ended up completely replacing the other keyboard because of it's usefulness. I bought the RGB-B version with the Red key switches. I first found out about the keyboard on 2-8 and ordered 2-10. It arrived 2-15 a day earlier than I was expecting.
- I like that I can attach it to my work and personal laptop. It also pairs with my Apple TV so I can actually type to search on my TV. And since it's a quick key combo to switch devices, I can be working on my work laptop, switch to the TV to search for a movie, and then switch back to my work keyboard.
- Relatively quiet, though the death glares from my wife would indicate it's noisier than the Cherry keyboard I replaced (used Silent MX Switches). Minor because unlike the Cherry keyboard, I can simply replace the switches as this is hot-swappable. This feature also allows me to switch out certain keys for more tactile keys like the Caps-Lock key.
- Keyboard has some heft to it. Some people may dislike a heavy keyboard (especially a wireless one), but I like the heavy, sturdy feel of this keyboard.
- I like the shape and styling of the key caps. Has a sort of retro feel. Also really like the red accent keys for Esc and Enter.
- Supports VIA out of the box which makes it pretty much drag and drop to reconfigure the keyboard. I really like that I can still reconfigure the keyboard even from my locked down work laptop. And once it's programmed, I can switch between any device quickly and simply and still have my programmed macros.
- Not related to the keyboard, but related to Keychron as a company: I found the keyboard on 2-8 and emailed them late in the evening around 9pm to ask some questions. It took 20 minutes to receive an informative response to my questions. It is hard to receive that kind of response to questions from a lot of companies and I was very impressed by how fast they responded. In addition, from the date I ordered until I received the item only took 5 days (4 if you consider I ordered very late in the evening on the 10th).
- The keys are not shine through key caps. I didn't realize that when I bought it and found it out while trying to game at night. Although I could make out the keys, It was difficult to determine which keys are which. Not a complete deal breaker, but would have been nicer to have shine through keys.
- There are few extra key caps included. Keyboard came configured for MacOS and included 2 windows keys and 2 Alt keys. No other key caps were included. Would be nice to at least get a few alternative key caps to have to choose from.
- This is EXTREMELY minor as I'm sure it will be rectified soon, but the VIA profile has not been updated in VIA yet so every time I want to reconfigure the keyboard, I have to re-import the keyboard definition file into VIA. I was unaware until today (2-17-2023) that this was released very early this month, so I'm assuming it just hasn't been updated yet. I have not seen any pull requests yet to add it, however.
Overall, this keyboard has exceeded my expectations. There are a couple things I would like to change like the switches and key caps, but they are all easily replaced. I like that I am no longer tethered to my computer as well. I also would love to have the ability to replace the four shape keys with encoders like on the Q6 keyboard. It would also be nice if the metal case options that are available for the Q6 was available for the K10 Pro, but I'm guessing it's because metal might interfere with the wireless signal.
Shipment from China has arrived in just 8 days!
The K10 Pro is everything I've been looking for, it is really well built and solid
Typing it’s a great experience with the OSA profile and Keychron pro brown switches
It has a perfect size to be transported.
The south-facing leds are a success, but It was a great susprise to see that the keycaps are not backlight as advertised on the web site !!!
I really would like Keychron’s team to consider could offer the OSA and KSA profiles in their backlight version, because it is very important for those of us who write at night.
First mechanical keyboard I've gotten, and I will say its better than anything I have ever used in the past! The only issue I had was the diagram to switch the pre-installed macOS key caps to Windows key caps had the alt keys and the window keys reversed.
A 100% layout QMK/VIA wireless custom mechanical keyboard
Wireless and Wired
An excellent solution for multitasking. You can connect the K10 Pro with up to 3 devices wirelessly via its stable Broadcom Bluetooth 5.1 for seamless multitasking across your laptop, phone, and tablet. Switch among them swiftly, and it’s fully compatible with both Mac and Windows.
A reliable USB Type-C wired connection is also available when you need it.
Program with QMK & VIA.
QMK/VIA means endless possibilities for a fluid workflow.
Simply connect the K10 Pro to your device with a cable, drag and drop your favorite keys or macro commands to remap any key you want on any system (macOS, Windows, or Linux).
Check out the video above demonstrating how to remap the F16 key (located on the K10 Pro’s top right corner) to an Eject key with the VIA software, so you can get a shortcut to put your Mac to sleep (Command-Option-Eject), or even remap the fn key in a breeze. It’s never been so intuitive and flexible to personalize your own keymap.
An ultra-low-power ARM Cortex-M4 32-bit STM32L432 MCU which is powerful, and equipped with 128K Flash will provide more flexibility for developers.
Upgraded Typing Experience
The K10 Pro has been re-engineered and redesigned from the inside out to upgrade the typing experience. The added sound-absorbing foam, a thick silicone dampening bottom pad, and steel plate provide responsive feedback and a peaceful typing sound, while added weight will enhance the stability.
An Epic Core Inside The Keyboard
A powerful ultra-low-power ARM architecture MCU equipped with 128K Flash will provide more flexibility for developers. The polling rate is 1000 Hz out of the box, which makes latency non-existent for the competitive game.
Suitable For All Devices
Offers a Mac layout while still being compatible with Windows, the K10 Pro is one of the few on the market that has the same multimedia and function keys as Apple keyboards for Mac users, but with more tactile feedback.
You can even configure different keymaps for both Mac and Windows devices. While VIA software is compatible with macOS, Windows, and Linux. Includes keycaps for both macOS and Windows (3 keycaps for each) to allow you to switch between operating systems with ease.
Check high-res keycap layout and size here.
Every detail matters, so we make the K10 Pro hot-swappable for your personalized typing experience. The hot-swappable sockets are mounted on the PCB, so you can hot-swap every switch on the K10 Pro with almost all of the 3pin and 5pin MX style mechanical switches on the market (including Cherry, Gateron, Kailh, Panda, etc.) without soldering. You can customize your own typing experience in seconds.
The Barebone version (without switch and keycap) is also available at your choice.
Screw-In PCB Stabilizers
Even small part matters for your fingertip feel. We’ve integrated the PCB-mounted screw-in stabilizers for a smoother typing experience with less wobbliness on the big keys such as space bar, shift, enter, and backspace. The Keychron K10 Pro also supports third-party screw-in PCB stabilizers.
Pre-lubed Keychron K Pro Switch
By optimizing the switch mold, the K Pro switch wobbles less than a standard mechanical switch and feels smoother on each hit. Plus, the factory pre-lubed process on all the K Pro switches (exclude the clicky ones), no doubt this will ensure the best smoothness at your fingertips when typing.
OSA Profile Double-shot PBT Keycaps
To further fine-tune your typing experience, the K10 Pro comes with our unique OSA profile (OEM profile with spherical-angle) and double-shot PBT keycaps that aim to provide a more comfortable fingertip feel with excellent oil resistance for long-term use on the timeless tenkeyless layout.
South-facing RGB Lights
The south-facing RGB is designed to better illuminate the keyboard backlight from the typist’s angle. The south-facing RGB is also free from interference when the user installs Cherry-profile alternative keycaps on their keyboard.
Comes with more than 22 types of RGB backlight settings (as well as a static white backlight option), and 14 types of backlight settings on the White Backlight version. You can further fine-tune the RGB hue, saturation, brightness, effect speed with ease.
Three levels of adjustable typing angle (3.5º, 7º & 10.5º) and curved OSA-profile keycaps are all working together to provide long-lasting ergonomic support for your wrist.
What's in the box?
Frequently bought together (Add-on)
ANY KEYBOARD + ADD-ON
Pay shipping fee for keyboard only. Free shipping for the add-on (Excluding the Carrying Case and Mouse). Terms here.
Select the matching variant for your product.